Saturday, March 13, 2010

Silly Saturdays

I haven't written in a while. I actually haven't been feeling very well. Depression has come back and with a vengeance. I have been sleeping a lot, and not feeling up to talking or doing anything the last week. It's been a tough one. I've been put back on an antidepressant, this time I'm going to try an oldie but a goodie: Prozac. We'll see what transpires and if it helps me. Now that my aggression and agitation are pretty much under control, the doctors think that it's time to re-introduce an antidepressant since the depression is still very prominent.


But today has been wonderful day. I slept in as late as Tony for the first time in a long time. I can thank the depression for the ability to stay in bed that long! I got up shortly after him and started the day off with an apple turnover and a few cups of coffee. That got me to feeling well enough to enjoy some silly television. And that's what we've been doing all day. Between a couple small meals and playing on the computer, it's just been a silly, nonsense TV day. And I couldn't be happier.


Tony is such a great support to me during these times. Much of the time I don't feel worthy. He makes it okay to be lazy for the day and is supportive despite my lack of motivation and productivity. I'm lucky to have someone like this in my life because I tend to be so hard on myself. Even if I don't do anything during the day, I am constantly berating myself about what I "should" or "could" be doing. So to have someone make it okay not to do anything, is really refreshing. I'm feeling lucky this silly Saturday, which is indeed a silly-filled Saturday.

No comments: