Friday, February 26, 2010

Freeing Fridays

Well, everyone I know is talking about SNOW! But luckily, we were spared. Seems the forecast didn't turn out as big for Philadelphia as they anticipated and I'm happy to say that we actually are seeing sunshine! It's a great end to a great day.


This has been such an up and down week, full of accomplishments and frustrations. But over all, as I sit here on a Friday snow day, I can say that this has been a good week. A great week in fact, given the way things have been going for so long.


Today, I got everything accomplished I set out to do, and I did it all by noon! My freedom today comes from so many things, but the most fun one is having shoveled the sidewalks. Something like shoveling the sidewalks is a HUGE feat for me. It means actually leaving the house and doing physical activity that makes me uncomfortable. I know, sounds pathetic to some, but the struggle is so real and true for people suffering mental illness. But the best part of shoveling this morning, is that Tony didn't have to do it. And that is such a freeing feeling: to have accomplished something for us, that makes his life easier. My freedom today comes from freeing up his burdens, if only a half hour of one, but a burden none-the-less.

No comments: