Monday, February 15, 2010

Mindful Mondays

Ah… to sit with music in my ears and deep in my head, relaxing on a Monday night after a busy morning. It is truly lovely.


Mindful: adjective 1: bearing in mind: aware; 2: inclined to be aware.


Today I am again reminded of my limitations. I am mindful that my brain is in a very intense fog right now and I do not know one minute to the next what to expect. I am groggy one minute, happy and working through the clouds another, only to be back to being foggy and groggy again. Currently, I am working more clearly and it's a welcome change from feeling so droopy earlier today to the point of sleeping most of the day.


I would like to try to recognize my limitations again today. I so often force things, and in the end overdo it entirely. I strive to be mindful of what my body is telling me when it is telling me what it needs. I also strive to be mindful that these limitations are being told to me for a reason, and not be so hard on myself for not being able to keep up or be who I used to be. People change, their lives change, their bodies change, and situations change. My health has been a huge change and challenge in my life especially in the last year. But I hope that with all I overcome and acknowledge, I learn something new and can keep these lessons throughout the rest of my life to make it a better, happier, more peaceful life.

No comments: