Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Can't Help Myself!

I had to share.  I just had to - and you'll see why.

I decided to let the day go, to let the day flow away from me and stop fretting about the technical difficulties I was having, my loneliness, and my frustrations with my limitations.  I was feeling low, tired, and sad.  But I decided to let it go… to let it flow.  

I realized after taking a gutsy step in sharing my blog on my Facebook page, that the day was not for me to know or predict.  I could not change what each minute would do, but I could try to appreciate each minute of the rest of the day.  

The TV came off, the computer on my lap, and music flowed.  I relaxed.  I was one with my thoughts and feelings.  I stopped fighting.  

Within minutes I had to go upstairs, and I decided to try to give the computer/document problem I was having one more try.  And you know what?  When I relaxed into it, not knowing what would come of it but being okay if it did not go the way I wanted it to, I figured it out.  Just like that.  

Just like that I let the day go and just like that the day and the Universe handed me exactly what I wanted.  I am in awe.  Even one of my favorite songs came on, Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.  

All I could do was smile.  And let the peace settle into my heart.

Ps:  Just as I finished writing this, an ambulance went flying down the street and I started to smell smoke.  I always get nervous when I smell smoke anywhere and so I stepped out on my front stoop to see where it was coming from.  Smoke is thick down the street about a block away.  I am praying that whatever it is, and whomever it involves, they are okay.  Prayers.

No comments: