Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

Well, I'm feeling low today.  And no, I'm not too sure how to handle it.  I had some very good days recently.  And this is hard to be feeling.  I woke up this way - very tired, and wanting to sleep all day.  I still managed to get out of bed, because I felt like it was the right thing to do, but even though I have checked my email and Facebook, I'm not feeling my usual morning uplift.  

So, I will take a tool from my new book, and start counting my blessings:  

I am thankful for getting up despite feeling very groggy and slow and tired.  It was still nice to get out of bed, make my coffee, feed the turtle, and open the blinds.  I am even enjoying the fact that it's a gray day outside so far.  I find sometimes that endless sunshine is too much pressure.  Lately I have truly been enjoying it, but I love the occasional gray, snuggly day.  

This morning when feeding Leona, she was being her usual silly self and Tony got a glimpse of it and laughed, hard.  It was wonderful.  I just love his laugh and smile.  And to hear a laugh like that come out of him so early in the morning was awesome.  I told him it's laughs like that she gives me every day and that's why I love her so much.  I love that turtle.  And that Tony!  

I am grateful for the message I saw on Facebook about letting the Universe answer your problems and not worrying.  That is what happened for me yesterday.  All is well now, and I am lighter one less worry.  It's wonderful.  

I am thankful that one of my favorite songs just came on and I can sing along.  I love singing, even if I don't have my gift anymore!  It's still fun to sing out loud.  Hehe!

I am thankful for the cool temps so far this morning.  Perhaps I should go take a shower to start off my day.  I'm stinky!  

So yes, I have plenty to be thankful for.  My house, my bed, my coffee, my pet turtle, my amazing fiance, my comfortable clothes, the fact that I paid my bills yesterday, and on it goes.  

I'm still feeling heavy, but my heart is lighter having taken a moment to remember all I am thankful for today.  I hope the gratitude continues as the day wears on.  

No comments: