Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Journey

I read all my blog posts to date today. I am in awe. In keeping with a theme of being proud of myself, I am so proud of myself for what I have accomplished to date.


I think back on the year behind me, the struggles and all the fun I've managed to have despite the intense pain. I am so proud to be sitting here, able to read my posts with an open heart and open mind. I feel like somehow, despite how painful the times may have been, I have managed to blog with a light spirit.


Where does that come from? How am I able to get through such darkness and find light at the other end each time? Some posts I was afraid to read. I was afraid of the feelings they would elicit. But I was pleasantly surprised. I am beaming with pride.


Others may not see what I see when I read these posts. But that's okay with me for right now. This was for ME first and foremost. It has already done wonders for me if after a year of random posts, I can sit here in awe and say "Wow, have I come so far…"


So thank you, internet, for being on this continuing journey of mine. In some ways I feel like it has been many journeys strung together. But I realize now that it's just an endless stream of twists and turns, some flow like silk, some are rapids, but the journey is what it's all about.

No comments: